Programs & Activities
Colorado River Basin Water Supply and Demand Study
Final Study Reports Index
Technical Report A - Scenario
Technical Report B - Supply
Technical Report C - Demand
Technical Report D - Reliability Metrics
Technical Report E - Evaluation Approach
Technical Report F - Options
Technical Report G - Analysis & Evaluation
Due to the inherent complexities of the Study and the many diverse interests and perspectives of the various stakeholders, interim reports and technical updates were published throughout the course of the Study to reflect continual technical developments and the ongoing input of stakeholders. The following final reports update previously published Study documents or reflect new technical reports and are organized into three major parts: an Executive Summary, a Study Report, and technical reports.
The Final Report, which documents the Study’s progress through January 31, 2011, was comprised of the six elements listed below. In June 2013, new versions of the reports were posted to this website. No technical changes were made to the documents, but slight formatting modifications were incorporated to facilitate document printing and for compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which ensures accessibility of information to people with disabilities.
In addition, the timeframe for submitting comments on the final Study documents was extended through April 19, 2013. Comments have been posted, and they may be used for future planning activities in the Basin.
- Executive Summary: Provides a summary of the Report.
- Study Report: Provides a summary of each of the Study’s seven technical reports as well as future considerations and potential next steps that could be conducted as follow-on activities to the Study.
- Technical Report A – Scenario Development: Describes the scenario planning approach used to incorporate uncertainty in future water supply and demand.
- Technical Report B – Water Supply Assessment: Describes the water supply scenarios and presents the analysis and comparison of those scenarios.
- Technical Report C – Water Demand Assessment: Describes the water demand scenarios, presents the analysis and comparison of these scenarios, and presents historical consumptive use information.
- Technical Report D – System Reliability Metrics: Describes the metrics that have been identified for use in the assessment of reliability of the system to meet resource needs under future supply and demand scenarios.
- Technical Report E – Approach to Develop Options and Strategies: Provides the overall analytical approach used to analyze opportunities to resolve projected water supply and demand imbalances.
- Technical Report F – Development of Options and Strategies: Describes the ideas (options) submitted to the Study to help resolve water supply and demand imbalances and the development of portfolios from those options.
- Technical Report G – System Reliability Analysis and Evaluation of Options and Strategies:Presents the reliability of the system to meet resource needs under future water supply and demand scenarios and the effectiveness of options and strategies to improve that reliability.
Additional information on the Colorado River Basin Study can be requested from:
TTY/TDD Relay: Dial 711