Drought Response Program
The Bureau of Reclamation's Drought Response Program supports a proactive approach to drought by providing assistance to water managers to: develop and update comprehensive drought plans, and implement projects that will build long-term resiliency to drought.
Program areas include:
For more information regarding the Drought Program, please contact the Program Coordinator, Sheri Looper at 303-445-2232 or email@example.com. Or, you may contact the Drought contact in your region, as follows:
- Interior Region 5: Missouri Basin & Interior Region 6: Arkansas-Rio Grande-Texas Gulf - Denis Kelsch, 406-247-7754, and Marlena Lanini, 406-247-7743
- Interior Region 7: Upper Colorado Basin - Gary McRae, 801-524-3656
- Interior Region 8: Lower Colorado Basin - Ken Isakson, 702-293-8537, and Lisa Rivera, 480-518-1692
- Interior Region 9: Columbia-Pacific Northwest - Leah Meeks, 208-378-5025
- Interior Region 10: California-Great Basin - Anna Sutton, 916-978-5214
Join the WaterSMART Mailing ListYou may complete this form to receive WaterSMART program notification from the Bureau of Reclamation.
The Department of the Interior today announced a $84.7 million investment from President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to help 36 communities throughout the West prepare and respond to the challenges of drought. The selected projects will help bring clean, reliable drinking water to communities across the West through investments in innovative drought resilience efforts, such as groundwater storage, rainwater harvesting, aquifer recharge, water reuse, ion exchange treatment, and other methods to stretch existing water supplies. Read More →