Title XVI - Water Reclamation and Reuse
Title XVI of P.L. 102-575, as amended (Title XVI), provides authority for Reclamation’s water recycling and reuse program, titled “Title XVI.” Through the Title XVI program, Reclamation identifies and investigates opportunities to reclaim and reuse wastewaters and impaired ground and surface water in the 17 Western States and Hawaii. Title XVI includes funding for the planning, design, and construction of water recycling and reuse projects in partnership with local government entities.
In 2018, an estimated 431,000 acre-feet of water was recycled through Title XVI projects.
Report to Congress - Title XVI Feasibility Study Review Findings Report
The Bureau of Reclamation has transmitted the Title XVI Feasibility Study Review Findings Report to Congress.
- Title XVI Feasibility Study Review Findings Report - Transmitted May 13, 2021
- Title XVI Feasibility Study Review Findings Report - Transmitted September 23, 2019
- Title XVI WIIN Feasibilty Study Review Findings Report - Transmitted February 13, 2019
- Title XVI Feasibility Study Review Findings Report - Transmitted February 7, 2018
- Title XVI Feasibility Study Review Findings Report (Enclosure) - Transmitted July 12, 2017
Contact Information: For more information regarding Title XVI, please contact Maribeth Menendez, at 303-445-2094 or email@example.com.
- Interior Region 5: Missouri Basin & Interior Region 6: Arkansas-Rio Grande-Texas Gulf - Collins Balcombe, (512) 899-4162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interior Region 7: Upper Colorado Basin - Brandi Rose, (801) 524-3639 or email@example.com
- Interior Region 8: Lower Colorado Basin - Brett Mooney, (702) 293-8506 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interior Region 9: Columbia-Pacific Northwest - Cavan Gerrish, (208) 378-5347 or email@example.com
- Interior Region 10: California-Great Basin - Mike Dietl, (916) 978-5070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may complete this form to receive WaterSMART program notification from the Bureau of Reclamation.
Following a tour of the Syphon Reservoir Improvement Project at the Irvine Ranch Water District today, Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland and Bureau of Reclamation Commissioner Camille Calimlim Touton announced the allocation of $309.8 million in funding from President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and $1 million in appropriated funding for the planning, design and construction of water reuse projects across the country. Read More →