Last Updated: 5/30/23
Computer Models and Software
Sedimentation and River Hydraulics Group Numerical Models
Software for Water Measurement and Hydraulic Structures Analysis
- Coanda-Effect Screen Performance — Coanda-effect screens provide low-maintenance debris and fish exclusion.
- PIDSim — Educational software to help understand common canal gate-control algorithms.
- SpillwayPro — New (2019) software companion to "Engineering Monograph 42: Cavitation in Chutes & Spillways." SpillwayPro provides tools to 1) calculate water surface profiles and cavitation characteristics for existing spillways, 2) design spillway aerators, and 3) perform post-event cavitation damage assessments.
- Chameleon64 — A DOS program spooler used to run Reclamation’s Flood Routing and Water Surface Profile Programs.
- USBRWeir — An Excel spreadsheet to create custom ratings for partially and fully contracted sharp-crested weirs.
- WinADV — Analysis and post-processing of acoustic Doppler velocimeter (ADV) data.
- WinFlume — Design and calibration of long-throated flumes and broad-crested weirs.
- Wall Gage Creator — Flow-graduated staff gages for any hydraulic structure with a rating table or rating equation.
- WinGate — Calibration of canal check structure gates (radial and slide gates) for accurate flow measurement.