Recreation Use Fees
At New Melones Lake, recreation use fees are charged for campgrounds, day use facilities and specialized facilities such as boat launch ramps, RV dump stations and other facilities as authorized by the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act.
Current Recreation Use Fees at New Melones Lake include:
- Standard campsite fee of $22 per night]
- Walk-in campsite fee of $18 per night
- RV Dump Station fee of $8 for campers registered in New Melones campgrounds
- and $16 for users not registered in New Melones campgrounds
- Day Use fee of $8 per day
- Daily Camper's Overflow Vehicle/Visitor fee of $8 per day (includes the $8 dayuse fee)
- New Melones Lake Annual Day Use Pass for $50
- Daily Boat Launching fee of $10 per day (includes the $8 day-use fee).
- New Melones Lake Annual Boat Launch Pass for $70
- Eagle Point Group Picnic Area $60 per day, allows 10 vehicles
- Fiddleneck Group Campground $150 per night, allows 12 vehicles
- Oak Knoll Group Campground $125 per night, allows 10 vehicles
Individuals holding an Interagency Senior or Access pass or a Golden Age/Golden Access pass will receive a 50-percent discount on the purchase of the New Melones Lake Annual Boat Launch pass, as well as a 50-percent discount on expanded amenity fees, to include individual camping, overflow vehicle/camp visitor fee, and RV dump station fees. Individuals holding any of the three Interagency passes or the Golden Age/Golden Access pass have no need to pay the day use fee or purchase a New Melones Lake Annual Day Use Pass.
- Free Handouts
Free Day Use Days
Standard amenity day use fees are waived on certain days each year for Veterans and the public.
- Veterans Day Access. Veterans and their immediate family will not be charged
any standard amenity fees on Veterans Day. Documentation of veteran status is
- Public Lands Day. The public will not be charged any standard amenity fees at
New Melones Lake on the nationally recognized Public Lands Day.
- Customer Appreciation Day. The public will not be charged any standard amenity fees on the New Melones Lake Customer Appreciation Day, which is held on the Saturday closest to Earth Day.
Note: The above fee waivers do not apply to expanded amenity fees, or uses or activities that would normally be required to have a Special Recreation Permit, such as group activities or recreation events.
FFee Comparability Study
Recreation use fees are established after conducting a Fee Comparability Study for lakes, recreation areas and commercial recreation providers in the region and state that provide services and facilities that are comparable to those provided at New Melones.
Note: Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader