Recreation Use Fees
At New Melones Lake, recreation use fees are charged for day use, campgrounds and expanded amenities such as boat launch ramps, RV dump stations and other facilities as authorized by the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act.
Current Recreation Use Fees at New Melones Lake include:
- Day Use fee of $8 per day
- Daily Boat Launching fee of $10 per day (includes the $8 day use fee)
- Standard campsite fee of $22 per night
- Walk-in campsite fee of $18 per night
- RV Dump Station fee of $8 for campers registered in New Melones campgrounds and $16 for non-campers
- Daily Camper's Overflow Vehicle/Visitor fee of $8 per day (includes the $8 day use fee)
- New Melones Lake Annual Day Use Pass for $50
- New Melones Lake Annual Boat Launch Pass for $70
- New Melones Lake Annual Senior Boat Launch Pass for $35
- Eagle Point Group Picnic Area $60 per day (includes 10 vehicles)
- Fiddleneck Group Campground in Tuttletown for $150 per night (includes 12 vehicles)
- Oak Knoll Group Campground in Tuttletown for $125 per night (includes 10 vehicles)
Federal Interagency Passes are applicable at New Melones Lake. Individuals holding an Interagency Senior or Access pass or a Golden Age/Golden Access pass will receive a 50 percent discount on expanded amenity fees, to include daily boat launch, individual camping, overflow vehicle/camp visitor fee, and RV dump station fees.
Free Day Use Days
Standard amenity day use fees are waived on certain days each year for Veterans and the public.
- Veterans Day Access. Veterans and their immediate family will not be charged any standard amenity fees on Veterans Day. Documentation of veteran status is not required.
- National Public Lands Day. The public will not be charged any standard amenity fees at New Melones Lake on the nationally recognized Public Lands Day.
- President's Day. The public will not be charged any standard amenity fees at New Melones Lake on President's Day.
- Martin Luther King Jr Day. The public will not be charged any standard amenity fees at New Melones Lake on Martin Luther King Jr Day.
Note: The above fee waivers do not apply to expanded amenity fees, or uses or activities that would normally be required to have a Special Recreation Permit, such as group activities or recreation events.
Fee Comparability Study
Recreation use fees are established after conducting a Fee Comparability Study for lakes, recreation areas and commercial recreation providers in the region and state that provide services and facilities that are comparable to those provided at New Melones.