Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation
- Shasta Dam and Reservoir Enlargement Project (Shasta Dam raise website)
- Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (NEPA documents website)
On July 29, 2015, Reclamation transmitted to Congress the Final Feasibility Report and Environmental Impact Statement for the Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation.
The report describes the potential technical, environmental, economic, and financial evaluations prepared to date for alternatives to raise Shasta Dam, located approximately 10 miles northwest of Redding, Calif. The report also identifies next steps to identify construction cost share partners and project financing and develop the Recommended Plan.
The project is intended to increase water supply and water supply reliability for agricultural, municipal and industrial, and environmental purposes and increase survival of anadromous fish populations in the upper Sacramento River.
- Final Feasibility Report (July 29, 2015)
- Final Environmental Impact Statement and Appendices (July 29, 2015)
- Reclamation Seeks Comments on Draft Feasibility Report for Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation (Oct. 26, 2012)
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view download Adobe Acrobat Reader.