- Reclamation and Napa County temporarily ban ash-producing fires at Lake Berryessa (6/23/23)
- Feral Pig Hunts at Lake Berryessa 2023
- Reclamation kicks off Lake Berryessa summer season hours
- Capell Cove Launch Ramp is open.
- Dufer Point Visitor Center is open 12 - 3 p.m. weekends and holidays
- Lake Berryessa Administrative Offices are open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- North side of Oak Shores Day Use Area remains closed until further notice.
- Oak Shores and Smittle Creek Day Use areas are open daily 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- You may purchase boat launch and annual passes at the Visitor Center, and annual passes online from Interior
NOTE: Lake-wide fire ban is in effect until further notice. NO charcoal or other ash-producing fuels are allowed throughout Lake Berryessa, including Reclamation managed Recreation areas (Capell, Oak Shores, Smittle, and Eticuera), and recreation concession areas and campgrounds. No personal charcoal BBQs are permitted lake-wide per Napa County ordinances. Only propane-fueled fire pits, stoves, and barbeque grills will be permitted. Thank you for supporting safe recreation at Lake Berryessa!
Feral Pig Hunts at Lake Berryessa 2023
Reclamation is partnering with California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Shared Habitat Alliance for Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Program to establish a feral pig hunt on designated areas of Lake Berryessa on weekends in August through December 2023.
The dates for the hunts are:
- August 5-6 (*July 12)
- Sept. 2-3 (*Aug. 16)
- Oct. 7-8 (*Sept. 12)
- Nov. 4-5 (*Oct. 18)
- Dec. 2-3 (Nov. 15)
Point of Contact: Kris Hirschbeck, firstname.lastname@example.org, 707-287-2363
When visiting be sure to adhere to the following:
Field Office and Dufer Point Visitor Center
5520 Knoxville Road, Napa CA 94558
Field Office Hours
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Dufer Point Visitor Center
Memorial Day to Labor Day
Saturday, Sunday, and holidays 10 a.m. - 4 p.m
Labor Day to Memorial Day
Saturday, Sunday, and holidays 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Reclamation Facilities (PDF - 321 KB)
- Oak Shores Day Use
- Eticuera Creek Day Use
- Capell Cove Boat Launch
- Smittle Creek Day Use Area
- Olive Orchard Day Use Area
Several Recreation Areas at Lake Berryessa are operated on Reclamation’s behalf by Concession Contractors to provide enhanced recreational opportunities, such as camping, cabins, boat launches, and marina services.Markley Cove Resort, 707-966-2134
Markley Cove Resort, managed by John and Linda Frazier, will continue to provide boat launching, boat rentals, house boating, day use and lodging. Markley Cove has a full-service marina with wet slips, fueling and pump-out services.Pleasure Cove Resort, 707-966-9600
Pleasure Cove marina operated by Forever Resort LLC will continue to provide day use, boat launching, RV hookups, tent camping and lodging. Pleasure Cove has a full-service marina with wet slips, fueling and pump-out services.Spanish Flat Recreation Area,888-901-2804
Managed by Napa County under a Managing Partner Agreement, Spanish Flat Recreation Area will continue to offer day use, RV and tent camping, and a boat launch. Spanish Flat provides a RV pump-out station.Steele Canyon Recreation Area, 888-671-0580
Managed by Napa County under a Managing Partner Agreement, Steele Canyon Recreation Area will continue to offer day use, RV and tent camping, and a boat launch. Steele Canyon provides a RV pump-out station.Putah Canyon Recreation Area, 707-966-9051
Visit https://www.recreation.gov/ for camping reservations. This area is operated by Royal Elk Park Management under an interim contract. Putah Canyon is available for day use as well as RV and tent camping. A boat launch is available.Berryessa Point and Monticello Shores Recreation Areas
Berryessa Point and Monticello Shores Recreation Areas remain closed to camping. Day use visitors may utilize these areas provided they refrain from lighting and using campfires and grills in these areas.
In addition to concession-managed areas, all Reclamation-managed facilities continue to be open, including free access to the Oak Shores, Smittle Creek and Eticuera Day Use Areas. Free use of the Capell Cove Boat Launch continues as water levels permit. For information, please call 707-966-2111.
Visitors may currently enjoy access to Lake Berryessa’s East Side Area. This 2,000-acre wildlife area along the eastern shore provides great bird and wildlife viewing. From September 2022 through February 2023, organized feral pig hunts are authorized through the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Shared Habitat Alliance for Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) program; visit https://wildlife.ca.gov/Hunting/SHARE for more information.
In addition, Reclamation has cooperated with the Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District to develop Camp Berryessa area as an environmental education center.
- Concession Rates (PDF - 340 KB)
Concessions Area Information
- Pleasure Cove Marina, 707-966-9600
- Markley Cove Marina, 707-966-2134
- Steele Canyon, 888-671-0580
- Spanish Flat, 888-901-2804
- Putah Canyon, 707-966-9051
- Lake Berryessa Map
- North End Trail
- Smittle Creek Trails
- Oak Shores Group Shade Shelters
- Shade Shelter Reservation Application
- Special Event Permit Application
- Use Authorization Application
- The Lake Berryessa Water Education Program Poster
- Visitor Service Plan website
- Interactive Travel Map
- Quagga and Zebra Mussels:
Current ConditionsNote: Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader