Missouri Basin and Arkansas-Rio Grande-Texas Gulf RegionsOrganization:
The Missouri Basin and Arkansas-Rio Grande-Texas Gulf Regions encompass all or parts of nine states including Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas <contact information>.
The Missouri Basin and Arkansas-Rio Grande-Texas Gulf Regions has roots in three former Reclamation regions: the Upper Missouri Region in Billings, Montana; the Lower Missouri Region in Denver, Colorado; and the Southwest Region in Amarillo, Texas.
In October 1985 the Upper and Lower Missouri regions were merged into the Missouri Basin Region with headquarters in Billings. In 1988 much of the Southwest Region was joined into the Missouri Basin Region and the region's name was changed to Great Plains Region. Geographically, it became the largest of the Reclamation regions.
The Regional Director in Billings is assisted in managing the region by a Deputy Regional Director and six Area Managers. This group, along with the heads of Engineering and Infrastructure, Business Resources and Resource Services in the Regional Office, comprises the Regional Leadership Board which makes policy and budget decisions and sets the vision and goals for the region.
Missouri Basin and Arkansas-Rio Grande-Texas Gulf Regional Office Contact Information<contact us>
2021 4th Avenue North
Billings, MT 59101
P.O. Box 36900
Billings, MT 59107-6900
- Automated Phone Directory for MB & ART Regional Office & Montana Area Office (406-247-7614)
- Office of Public Affairs (general info) (406-247-7610)
- Office of the Regional Director (406-247-7600)
- Special Assistant for Native American Affairs (406-247-7710)
- Business Resources (406-247-7821)
- Information Technology (406-247-7848)
- Infrastructure & Engineering (406-247-7655)
- Resource Services (406-247-7707)
- Human Resources (406-247-7728)
Area Office Contact Information: