Last Updated: October 2, 2020
As of October 2, 2020 Flaming Gorge Reservoir pool elevation is 6025.85 feet, which amounts to 85 percent of live storage capacity. Unregulated inflows for the month of September is approximately 28,000 acre-feet (af), which is only 51% of the average September unregulated inflow volume and corresponds to an 82% exceedance.
The September observed unregulated inflow is a Moderately Dry hydrologic classification. Operations will remain at a Moderately Dry hydrologic condition operation per the Flaming Gorge 2020-2021 Operation Plan.
The summer base flow period ended on September 30, 2020. Autumn average daily releases will be decreased from 1,600 cfs to 900 cfs at 50 cfs/day increments to meet Moderately Dry hydrologic condition lower targets in Reach 2 (1,100 cfs to 1,500 cfs). The daily average release of 900 cfs will be achieved on October 15, 2020. Please, note release plan is subject to change depending on evolving hydrology and forecasts. For additional information, click on: CBRFC Flaming Gorge.
The October final forecast for unregulated inflows into Flaming Gorge for the next three months projects below average conditions. October, November, and December forecasted unregulated inflow volumes amount to 38,000 af (64 percent of average), 42,000 af (82 percent of average) and 32,000 af (92 percent of average), respectively.
To view the most current reservoir elevation, content, inflow and release, click on: Flaming Gorge Reservoir Data.
Working Group Meetings
The Flaming Gorge Working Group is an open public forum for information exchange between Reclamation and the stakeholders of Flaming Gorge Dam. The public is encouraged to attend and comment on the operations and plans presented by Reclamation at these meetings. Meeting notes from past Working Group meetings are posted on the Working Group webpage. For more information on this group and these meetings please contact Dale Hamilton at 801-379-1186 or Paul Davidson at 801-524-3642.
Reclamation is planning to hold the next Flaming Gorge Working Group meeting on March 18, 2021 at 10:00 am MDT in either Price, Utah, or via WebEx. This will be followed up with the mid-April meeting on April 15, 2021 at 10:00 am MDT in Vernal, Utah or via WebEx. Concerning both meetings the place and in-person meeting TBD.
Past working group meeting summaries and can be accessed on the Working Group pages.