- Reclamation Intranet
- International Affairs
The Bureau of Reclamation’s International Visitor Program arranges appointments at Reclamation headquarters in Washington, D.C., and at our offices, facilities, and dams throughout the western United States. The Program is operated by the Native American and International Affairs Office (NAIAO) and arranges for over 700 visitors annually. Due to the large volume of international requests, Reclamation has the following requirements for arranging appointments and visits.
At least 30 days prior to the date of the proposed visit, a written request should be sent by fax, letter, or email to Angela Medina and Kyle Kramer. Requests received with less than 3-week notice will be programmed at the discretion of Reclamation. The following information should be included in the request:
- Proposed date, time, and location of visit
- Name, title, and organizational affiliation of each visitor
- Topics of interest for discussion, professional learning goals, specific questions
- Copies of visiting delegation's passports (signature and bio pages containing name, DOB, passport number, etc.)
- Contact information to include mailing address, phone number, fax number, and email address for the visitor or head of a delegation of multiple visitors
- Contact information for entities requesting meetings on behalf of international visitors. Include name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address. If there are multiple organizers, please list all.
Appointments for International Visits are scheduled for no more than one day, as visits of one day or less require no reimbursement to Reclamation. If a visit extends beyond one day, it is considered a Training Activity, for which Reclamation requires reimbursement for staff time and associated expenses. Reclamation is not provided funding by the U.S. Congress to conduct international trainig activities. For programs expected to last longer than a one day, NAIAO will work with you to produce a proposal and cost estimate to fit the needs of your request.
The International Visitor Program gives first priority to Reclamation's foreign water resource agency counterparts and delegations from entities similar to Reclamation. Requests on behalf of other individuals will be considered based on the relevance of their profession and trip objectives to Reclamation programs and mission, as well as staff and resource availability.
If an International Visit request is approved, all visitors are required to provide photo identification upon arrival at the office/facility/dam. Visiting delegations must submit a copy of each foreign visitor's passport page which contains their photo and biographical information to NAIAO at least 30 days in advance of their visit. NAIAO recommends that foreign visitors bring their passports with them for the visit.If you would like to request a visit to Reclamation facilities, or have any questions please contact by email: