Water Operations: Reservoirs, Dams & Hydropower
WaterSMART is Reclamation's new initiative that recognizes the need for a vigorous public discussion over water issues. WaterSMART is a commitment to moving forward using the appropriate tools to minimize or prevent future water conflict and crises in the West.
Hydropower plays a vital role in fulfilling our nation’s energy needs. The Missouri Basin Region operates 20 hydroelectric power plants, producing enough electricity to meet the demands of more than 250,000 homes each year. Hydropower is the country’s largest and most efficient source of renewable energy.
Power Levels: At a glance status of power plant generation.
- AgriMet-Agricultural Weather Network
- HydroMet-Hydrological Data Center
- McClusky Canal Quarterly Water Reports
- U.S. Drought Monitor
- Water Management Information (SNOTEL, water-supply reports, allocations, etc.)
- Water User Organization Roster
- Colorado-Big Thompson
- Niobrara, Lower Platte, & Kansas
- North Platte
- Upper Missouri
Daily water data, boat ramps & more: