Rope Access Board
Reclamation has established a Rope Access Board of regional and management personnel to oversee rope-access operations within Reclamation. The board is governed by the Rope Access charter (pdf). The Board's purpose is to ensure that all rope access operations are conducted in a safe and consistent manner. The board oversees training, qualification, and safety review of Reclamation rope-access activities and:
- Keeps up-to-date on events, standards, and policy which affect rope-access work within Reclamation
- Maintains familiarity with new equipment that is commercially available and evaluates its applicability, functionality, and safety in Reclamation applications
- Provides opportunities for rope-access technicians throughout Reclamation to interact and share information relevant to the safety and conduct of rope-access techniques and procedures
- Establishes uniform training and certification practices within Reclamation
- Provides guidance to regional rope-access work committees
- Recommends policy and guidance for issuance by Reclamation management including revisions to Reclamation Safety and Health Standards, and Guidelines for Rope Access Work
- Reviews and approves the Guidelines for Rope Access Work.
The present Board chairman is Jeff Ticknor (406 ) 247-7628, of the Great Plains Regional Office in Billings, Montana and the Vice Chair is Monte Brewer of the Lahontan Basin Area Office (Mid-Pacific Region), (775) 884-8355. Please contact either of these gentleman for more information about Reclamation’s rope access capabilities or requirements.
Last Updated: 3/1/18