Yakima River Basin Water Enhancement Project
Conservation Advisory Group
The Yakima River Basin Conservation Advisory Group (CAG) was established under Public Law 103-434, Title XII, Sec. 1203, Yakima River Basin Water Enhancement Project (YRBWEP) Act, October 1994. Title XII established the Basin Conservation Program to evaluate and implement measures to improve water supplies for irrigation; enhance instream flow for fish and wildlife; protect and enhance wetlands; and improve water quality within the Yakima River basin. The program offers financial incentives (grants) to volunteer participants to identify and implement cost-effective structural and nonstructural water conservation measures through cooperative Federal, State, and local funding.
CAG Mission: CAG provides recommendations to the Secretary of the Interior and the State of Washington on the structure and implementation of the Basin Conservation Program in Title XII, as well as recommendations for advancing the purpose and programs of YRBWEP including the Integrated Plan.
CAG Membership: CAG is a consensus-based group whose members are appointed by the Secretary of the Interior. Duties are listed in the CAG Charter and include preparing water conservations plans; investigating feasibility of specific measures identified in conservation plans; and monitoring and evaluating measures undertaken. Membership eligibility and responsibilities are described in the current CAG Charter.
- Rick Dieker, Yakima-Tieton Irrigation District (non-proratable district)
- Lisa Pelly, Trout Unlimited (environmental group)
- R. Troy Peters, Ph.D., Washington State University (agricultural extension service)
- Scott Revell, Roza Irrigation District (proratable district)
- Phil Rigdon, Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation
- Elizabeth Torrey, Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife (fisheries)
- Brady Kent, Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation
Designated Federal Official: Wendy Christensen, Bureau of Reclamation
Columbia Cascades Area Office, 1917 Marsh Road, Yakima, WA 98901
Telephone: (509) 573-8050 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Agenda PDF 71 kb|
|Meeting Summary PDF 81 kb|
|Federal Register Notice HTML|
|Agenda PDF 70 kb|
|Meeting Summary PDF 26 kb|
|Federal Register Meeting Notice HTML|
- Basin Conservation Plan for the Yakima River Basin Water Conservation Program, April 1998;
- Appendix to the Basin Conservation Plan for the Yakima River Basin Water Conservation Program, April 1998;
- Water & Land Acquisition Program of the Yakima River Basin Water Conservation Program, October 15, 1998;
- Establishment of a Permanent Plan for Measuring & Reporting, Yakima River Basin Washington Report to Secretary of the Interior and State of Washington, November 16, 1998;
- Plan of Study for the Yakima River Basin Wetlands, Riparian, and Floodplain Habitat Plan, December 1998;
- Process for Streamlining Water Transfers in the Yakima Basin, 2001 - 2004;
- Water Master Function: Measuring, Monitoring, Reporting and Enforcement May 2005.
(509) 454-5611 FAX
Bureau of Reclamation
1917 Marsh Road
Yakima, WA 98901-2058