Hungry Horse Dam Visitor Information
Hours of Operation
The Hungry Horse Dam Visitor Center is open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. MDT through Oct. 9.
Outdoor guided walking tours are available on a first-come, first served basis. A maximum of 12 people is allowed on the tour. From Aug. 2 to Aug. 13, Reclamation will be working on top of the dam; during this time, tours will be unavailable. Tour availability is limited and subject to change. To sign up for the tour, please visit the visitor center front desk. For accessible accommodations, call 406-387-5241, extension 361.
Hungry Horse Dam is located off Highway 2 in Hungry Horse, Mont. Directional signs are located on Highway 2, indicating the road leading to the visitor center. From Highway 2 travel about 4.5 miles to the visitor center at the north end of the dam.
Parking is not permitted on top of the dam, but in designated areas only.
New Hungry Horse Dam Visitor Center Guidelines
- If you are fully vaccinated (at least two weeks past your final dose), you are not required to wear a mask or socially distance.
- If you are not fully vaccinated (less than two weeks past your final dose), please continue to wear a mask and socially distance six feet apart, consistent with the requirements set forth from the CDC.
- Plexi-glass panels will be placed throughout the gallery space to assist with social distancing.
- There will be one designated entry point into the visitor center.
- There will be one designated exit point out of the visitor center.
- There is a maximum capacity of 14 people inside the visitor center.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available inside and outside the visitor center.
Hungry Horse Field Office
PO Box 190130
Hungry Horse, MT 59919-0130