SONORA, Calif. – The Bureau of Reclamation will begin to phase in summer operating hours at New Melones beginning April 1. The following provides information on recreation facilities:
Open areas and facilities include:
- Entrance gates to Tuttletown and Glory Hole recreation areas remain open daily from 4 a.m. to 9 p.m. Campgrounds: Ironhorse, Big Oak and Fiddleneck group camp
- Day Use Areas: Black Bart, Buck Brush, Lupine, Heron Point and Eagle Point
- Boat Launches: Glory Hole main ramp, and Tuttletown ramp
- Trails: Natural Bridges, Table Mountain, and Peoria
- New Melones Lake Marina
Closed areas and facilities include:
- Campgrounds: Manzanita, Acorn, and Chamise; and Oak Knoll
- Day Use Areas: Osprey Point
- Boat Launch: Angels Creek
Reclamation is working on a plan and making every effort to bring these closed areas back into service at the earliest opportunity. These areas suffered significant damage following multiple atmospheric rivers and repairs are needed before they can reopen for public access. Clean-up efforts are underway. In the interest of public safety, these closures are in place until further notice.
New Melones Lake Visitor Center is open for pass sales on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, call 209-536-9094, ext. 0, (TTY 800-877-8339) or visit the New Melones Lake website at https://www.usbr.gov/mp/ccao/newmelones/index.html or www.recreation.gov.