NAPA, Calif. – The Bureau of Reclamation announces recreation area closures and new operating hours at Lake Berryessa beginning September 25. These seasonal closures allow Reclamation to perform necessary maintenance and for natural resource recovery. All other Reclamation-operated locations at Berryessa remain open year-round, with the exceptions and hours listed below:
- The north side of Oak Shores Day Use Area, and the two restrooms along the Smittle Creek Trail, are closed until March 31, 2023. The south side of Oak Shores Day Use Area will continue to offer restroom facilities, picnic tables, water access, and a kayak/canoe hand launch.
- Gates will open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. to reflect daylight hours’ changes at the following day use areas: Oak Shores, Smittle Creek, and Eticuera.
- Capell Cove Boat Launch will remain open from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m. The launch ramp remains closed to motorized boats until water levels rise again.
- The Smittle Creek Trail and Lake Berryessa Administrative Offices are closed until further notice.
- The Dufer Point Visitor Center and gates to day use areas will be closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The Dufer Point Visitor Center at 5520 Knoxville Road, Napa, CA 94558, is open Saturdays, Sundays, and most holidays (exceptions above), from noon to 3 p.m. beginning Oct. 1 through March 31, 2023. Maps, information, and America the Beautiful and Lake Berryessa annual passes are available during operating hours.
For information on activities, fees, directions, pet restrictions, or other questions, please call the visitor center at 707-966-2111, ext. 113, the Lake Berryessa Administration Office at 707-966-2111 (TTY 800-877-8339), or visit the Lake Berryessa website at www.usbr.gov/mp/ccao/berryessa/index.html.