Photo of the Week: The C Flume in Klamath Falls
Written by: Winetta Owens
View of C Flume at Klamath Falls – Photo Credit: Kathylee ReganThe C Flume in Klamath Falls, Oregon, is located near Highway 39, about seven miles southeast of the city of Klamath Falls. The original C Canal Flume was constructed as a wooden flume in 1908. It was rebuilt as a concrete structure by the Bureau of Reclamation from September 29, 1921, to January 1, 1922.
In 2013, the 92-year old C Flume was having structural problems with cracks and leaks in the pipes. The Klamath Irrigation Project District was responsible for repairing the leaks and reinforcing the canal.
The canal provides irrigation for crops from the Klamath Irrigation District, including alfalfa, potatoes, cereal grains, strawberries, and landscape plants.
For more information on the C Flume, please visit: http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/canal-closer-to-getting-a-facelift/article_46469007-fb71-5b43-ace2-b3fd8dcdc7bf.html
Published on December 14, 2015