News Advisory: Finalists compete in Reclamation contest to identify and develop water treatment technology
Mary Carlson, 505-462-3576, firstname.lastname@example.org
Randy Shaw, 575-443-6553
For Release: August 27, 2019
ALAMOGORDO, NM – The Bureau of Reclamation is hosting a Pitch-to-Pilot event to fund innovative water treatment technologies for enhancing freshwater supplies in the United States. This event is designed to identify and fund development of desalination and water treatment technologies and processes. Reclamation invites the public to attend and vote for one of ten finalists. The public portion of the competition will take place at the Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility in Alamogordo, New Mexico, on August 29.
What: Pitch-to-Pilot Public Reception, Presentation of Pitches, live vote on crowd favorite.
When: August 29, 2019. Public Tours from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Reception and Pitch-to-Pilot Presentations from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: Brackish Groundwater National Desalination Research Facility. 500 La Velle Road. Alamogordo, NM 88310
Who: Ten finalists will compete for up to six funding awards of up to $150,000 each. The finalists are:
• New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology – Pilot Demonstration of a Janus HF Membrane-based Direct Contact Membrane Distillation Process for Inland High Total Dissolved Solids Produced Water Desalination by Using Waste Heat
• WIST, Inc - The First Affordable, Easy-to-Use Silica Pretreatment Solution: Pilot Scale Validation of SiSorb-Nano
• New Mexico State University - Non-chemical Control of Membrane Biofouling and Scaling in Water Reuse and Desalination
• AdEdge Water Technologies - Innovative High Recovery Flow-Reversal Reverse Osmosis Desalination Process for Potable Reuse Providing Essential Physical Barrier with Higher Recovery Rate & Reduction in Concentrate Flow
• University of Utah - Disruptive Transport/Sand Filtration Pretreatment System for Uninterrupted Desalination Water Supply during Harmful Algal Blooms
• EcoVAP - Enhanced Evaporation Using Biomimicry for Brine Concentrate Disposal
• Garver, LLC - Innovative Electro-coagulation Membrane Pre-treatment with Vacuum-assisted Electrodistillation Concentrate Management for Cooling Tower Blowdown Recovery
• University of Minnesota - Pilot Testing of Forced Convection Enhanced Evaporation for Brine Management from Inland Brackish Water Desalination Systems
• Eastern Shore Microbes - H.E.A.T. A Biologically, Sustainable Solar Powered System to Eliminate RO Concentrate in Order to Improve the Water Supply for Inland Communities
• University of Arizona - Electrochemically Enhanced High Efficiency Reverse Osmosis (EE-HERO) for Brackish Water Treatment.
How: To learn more about the event or to obtain free tickets to attend, please visit Tickets to Pitch-to-Pilot Public Event
# # # Reclamation is the largest wholesale water supplier in the United States, and the nation's second largest producer of hydroelectric power. Its facilities also provide substantial flood control, recreation, and fish and wildlife benefits. Visit our website at https://www.usbr.gov and follow us on Twitter @USBR.
# # #
Reclamation is the largest wholesale water supplier in the United States, and the nation's second largest producer of hydroelectric power. Its facilities also provide substantial flood control, recreation, and fish and wildlife benefits. Visit our website at https://www.usbr.gov and follow us on Twitter @USBR.