Closure to north side of Oak Shores and seasonal changes to park hours at Lake Berryessa announced
Erin Curtis, 916-978-5100, 09/29/2017 12:44
For Release: September 29, 2017
Lake BerryessaNAPA, Calif. – The Bureau of Reclamation will close the north side of Oak Shores Day Use Area and the two restrooms along the Smittle Creek Trail at Lake Berryessa. The closure will be in effect Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017, through Saturday, March 31, 2018. This seasonal closure allows Reclamation to perform necessary maintenance and provides time for natural resource recovery.
The south side of Oak Shores will continue to offer restroom facilities, picnic tables, barbecue grills, water access and a kayak/canoe hand launch. All other Reclamation-operated locations will remain open year-round.
Seasonal hours at Reclamation facilities beginning Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017:
- Oak Shores Day Use Area – gates will open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 5 p.m.
- Smittle Creek Day Use Area – gates will open at sunrise and close at 5 p.m.
- Eticuera Day Use Area gates – gates will open at sunrise and close at 5 p.m.
- Capell Cove Boat Launch – open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dufer Point Visitor Center – open Saturdays/Sundays noon to 3 p.m.
- Administration Office – open Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For information on activities, directions, pet restrictions, maps, or additional information please call the Visitor Center at 707-966-2111, ext. 113 or the Lake Berryessa Administration Office at 707-966-2111. The Administration Office and Visitor Center are located at 5520 Knoxville Road, Napa, CA 94558.
Please visit the Lake Berryessa website at www.usbr.gov/mp/ccao/berryessa/index.html for additional information
# # #
Reclamation is the largest wholesale water supplier in the United States, and the nation's second largest producer of hydroelectric power. Its facilities also provide substantial flood control, recreation, and fish and wildlife benefits. Visit our website at https://www.usbr.gov and follow us on Twitter @USBR.