Truckee Canal XM EIS
About the Truckee Canal XM EIS
The Bureau of Reclamation (Reclamation), Lahontan Basin Area Office, the lead Federal agency, intends to prepare an Extraordinary Operation and Maintenance (XM) Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Truckee Canal (Canal). The Truckee Canal XM EIS will evaluate opportunities to reduce the risk to public safety from a Canal breach. Reclamation proposes to take action to evaluate alternatives that will enable the Canal operator – the Truckee Carson Irrigation District – to safely operate the Canal and deliver Project water in compliance with operating criteria and procedures. Additional restrictions on Canal operations may be necessary without taking actions or initiating risk-reducing repairs.
- Project Area Description
- Press Release for the Preparation of the Truckee Canal XM EIS
- Truckee Canal XM EIS Doc No: 2015-26195/Page 63252
Status of the Truckee Canal XM EIS - March 2017
Next steps in the XM EIS include:
- The March Cooperating Agency Meeting will include a discussion of the Alternatives Technical Memorandum.
- The Water Supply and Demand Technical Team will meet in March. Reclamation will present the modeling completed to date.
- Next Cooperating Agency Meeting will be determined at the March 2017 meeting.
- Memorandum of Understandings between Reclamation and the Cooperating Agencies have been finalized except for two entities.
How to Provide Comments or Contact Reclamation
You may provide written comments to:
Lahontan Basin Area Office
Bureau of Reclamation
705 N. Plaza Street, Room 320
Carson City, Nevada 89701
or fax to 775-884-8376,
or email to TruckeeEIS@empsi.com
To Be Added or Deleted from the Mailing List:
Contact Sean Cottle at 775-323-1433 or email TruckeeEIS@empsi.com
Roberta Tassey, Project Manager