Private Tour Experiences at Hoover Dam
Hoover Dam is host to hundreds of successful special events each year, and we look forward to hosting your event as well. As the Bureau of Reclamation must comply with several federal requirements for various activities on its lands, the following information is provided to assist those who desire to use Hoover Dam, which is managed by the Lower Colorado Region, Bureau of Reclamation.
The information is provided for under the authority of:
- Act of Congress approved June 17, 1902 (32 Stat. 388),
- Section 10 of the Reclamation Project Act of 1939 (53 Stat. 1187);
- Public Law 106-206;
- 43 CFR 429 Title 43, Use of Bureau of Reclamation Land, Facilities, and Waterbodies - § 429.3;
- 43 CFR Part 423, Public Conduct on Bureau of Reclamation Facilities, Lands, and Waterbodies.
- 43 USC 1740, Rules and Regulations on Public Lands
Please note: Hoover Dam has a 4 week minimum lead time for all event activities. Requests less than 4 weeks in advance may or may not be accepted.
Private Tour Experiences may be extremely limited or restricted on the following dates every year: 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after Easter Sunday; August is reserved for annual training; 3 days after Thanksgiving; and the week after Christmas through the first Monday of the new year. Please contact the Special Events Coordinator to verify availability if your proposed tour date is during this period.
Private Power Plant Tour
Our private tour experiences provide for private theatre and film, and exclusive docent for your group. The tours last 45 minutes to an hour depending on the number of questions that are asked. Hoover Dam is very excited to host your group. In order to move forward with the process and reserve your tour time on our calendar the following information is provided for you:
- At present, Hoover Dam charges $15.00 per guest and $125.00 for each Guide per tour. For example, if your tour group consisted of 10 guests and you are requesting one (1) tour the total would be $275.00 USD.
- The minimum number of guest for a Private Tour is 10 guest with a maximum number of 75 guests.
- We do require completion of the first 2 pages of the Special Event Request Form (SERF). Once you return it to the Special Event Coordinator, your tour time will be reserved. Please note that we will not charge your credit card until the morning of the tour.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time as the group will need to pass through a security check. A Reclamation employee will greet you at the ticketing booth.
- We do recommend that guests bring bottled water.
- Those with pacemakers or claustrophobia may not wish to participate in the tour.
Conferences & Weddings
Conference space is available for groups up to 200 people throughout Hoover Dam. Conferences are often combined with Private Tour Experiences.
Hoover Dam has hosted many fabulous weddings, and we eagerly look forward to hosting your special day in the near future. We recommend reserving your date at least 3 months in advance. Be sure to review the Private Tour Experiences that are often added to the big day, for additional unique options to enhance your event.
The below forms are generally required for private tour experiences:
Special Event Request Form & Use Permit (SERF) – MS Word version is also available, please request from the Special Event Coordinator.
Fees are the minimum permit and location fees that will be charges per activity type. They are periodically reviewed and subject to change. Please note, fees DO NOT include recovered labor costs, if applicable.
- Tour – Private Power Plant ($15/person + $125 Guide fee, up to 75 people per tour)
- $10/person – VC Admission Only (no tour, guide, or parking is included)
Conferences & Weddings
- $100 – Use Application Fee (This fee is Non Refundable, if applicable)
- Interview or Speaker Requested with Reclamation Employees (variable rate)
- $50/hr - Visitor Center Conference Room (capacity up to 120 people)
- $200/day Observation Deck (capacity up to 120 people) (limited use)
- $2,000/ Facility Use before or after Visitor Center hours (per 3 hours)
- Please see the Spillway House page for more details on reserving this space.
NOTICE: SOME RATES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. QUOTED RATES WILL BE HONORED.
For more information contact:
Phone: 702-494-2521 | Fax: 702-494-2585 | firstname.lastname@example.org