Reclamation has partnered with The Student Conservation Association (SCA) to help develop a national Youth Conservation Corps for Reclamation. Through a cooperative agreement with SCA, Reclamation will educate, engage and employ youth in conservation opportunities that include both hands-on crew work, as well as internship opportunities.
This agreement will provide an additional tool for recruiting young people into conservation jobs and allow many more opportunities for youth conservation experience through both short and long-term crew activities and internships.
Some of the benefits of the cooperative agreement include:
- SCA provides training, supervision, and recruitment, along with a 25% non-Federal cost share;
- SCA conservation crews are self-contained units, providing their own transportation, tools, gear, and insurance;
- An opportunity for conservation crew members to be converted to permanent positions upon completion of 640 hours of satisfactory service.
Contact regional Reclamation representatives listed below about the Youth Conservation Corps Program.
Regional/Office Youth Coordinators:
- MP - Scott Springer, 916-978-5206, email@example.com
- PN – Venetia Gempler, 208-378-5020, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LC – Linda Rivera, 702-293-8405, email@example.com
- UC – Deborah Lawler, 801-524-3604, firstname.lastname@example.org
- GP - Steven Anderson, 406-247-7714, email@example.com
- DenverDC - Amy Sjerven, 303-445-2849, firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: October 19, 2012