Colorado River Storage Project
Flaming Gorge Technical Working Group
The Flaming Gorge Technical Working Group (FGTWG) was established pursuant to the Operation of Flaming Gorge Dam Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) as recommended in the Flow and Temperature Recommendations for Endangered Fishes in the Green River Downstream of Flaming Gorge Dam, Muth et al., (Flow Recommendations).
Members of the FGTWG include biologists and hydrologists from Reclamation, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and Western Area Power Administration. The Record of Decision on the FEIS clarified the purpose of the FGTWG as limited to proposing specific flow and temperature targets for each year’s operations based on current year hydrologic conditions and the conditions of the endangered fish. The FGTWG was also charged with integrating, to the extent possible, any flow requests from the Upper Colorado River Endangered Fish Recovery Program (Recovery Program) into the flow proposal so that Recovery Program research could also be facilitated.
This process concurrently serves the informal consultation and coordination requirements of the ESA for the action agencies as committed to in the ROD.
- 2014 Proposed Flow and Temperature Objectives for 2014
- Larval Trigger Study Plan
- Recovery Program's Research Request for 2014 Green River Spring Flows
- March 19, 2014 Hydrology Summary
- March 20, 2014 Meeting Summary
- April 22, 2014 Hydrology Summary
- May 8, 2014 Hydrology Summary
- May 14, 2014 Hydrology Summary