Technical Resources Office
Director: Michael Gabaldon
The Director, Technical Resources Office was established in December 2005, is a team of organizations that support Reclamation's mission by providing:
- Mission-focused research and development
- Research support and collaboration with other Reclamation projects and programs.
- Mission focused engineering and technical services for Reclamation projects and programs on a cost-reimbursable basis.
- Programmatic efforts that ensure water and power solutions are put into the hands of our water users and managers and effectively transferred to the private sector for commercialization, when appropriate, to ensure wide-spread public benefit.
- Research and technical collaboration with universities, private sector, and other government agencies.
- Power liaison activities on intergovernmental initiatives associated with hydropower delivery.
- Oversight associated with design, estimates, construction, and dam safety decisions to ensure quality, process consistency, and process integrity. Process integrity and consistency will help enable good defensible decisions by providing a more complete understanding of the associated issues, uncertainties, and risks.
The Technical Resources Office is composed of four offices:
- Technical Service Center
- Research and Development Office
- Senior Advisor Hydropower
- Dam Safety Officer/Design, Estimating and Construction/Value Program
Last Updated: 4/18/13