Integrated Information Management System, Development of Web Interface
We regard the development of IIMS prior to this proposal as highly successful, yet several limitations were identified that endangered the purpose of IIMS as information repository for intergovernmental restoration partnerships, particularly:
- Maintaining links between desktop software and centralized databases is IT-intensive
- Deployment to additional area offices requires customized SMS packaging
Implementing full IIMS capabilities through the web will solve the limitations identified AND will improve data stewardship (data management and documentation), by:
* Simplifying interface-database connections by restructuring to a single dedicated link
* Eliminating need for desktop installs
* Equilibrating data access for river restoration partnerships
* Leveraging web access for more robust data stewardship.
The completed project, now called the Online Data Portal (ODP) has been implemented as a 'cloud server', with a replicable server image that can be implemented by other programs on demaind. The ODP continues to grow beyond the original S&T proposal with added funding from the Trinity River Restoration Program. TRRP's ODP implementation is publicly accessible at http://odp.trrp.net
Pacific Northwest Regional Office, Pacific Northwest Region
The following documents were not reviewed. Statements made in these documents are those of the authors. The findings have not been verified.
Integrated Information Management System, Development of Web Interface, a.k.a. Online Data Portal (ODP) (final, PDF,
By Eric Peterson
Report completed on May 09, 2014