Reclamation’s AWT research, development, and implementation is providing innovative solutions our nation needs to help address droughts, uncertainty, and water needs for increasing population. AWT allows communities to develop a diverse portfolio of water supplies from non-traditional sources.
Planning our research:
- National Research Council Final Desalination: A National Perspective (15 mb pdf)
- Desalination Roadmap (1 mb pdf)
- Desalination Implementation Roadmap (1 mb pdf)
Conducting our research:
- The Desalination and Water Purification Research (DWPR) program research improves ways to desalinate water. Reports cover a range of topicsand are also listed in the specific areas on the left navigation bar. See the complete list of DWPR reports.
- Reclamation is currently in partnership with the WateReuse Research Foundation.See the list of WateReuse reports.
- Research and Development Progress Reports contain detailed information and evaluation of research investigations carried out under contract with the Office of Saline water and its successor, the Office of Water Research and Technology from 1954-1983.See the list of OSW reports.
The views, analysis, recommendations, and conclusions on this website are those of the authors and do not represent official or unofficial policies or opinions of the United States Government, and the United States takes no position with regard to any findings, conclusions, or recommendations made. As such, mention of trade names or commercial products does not constitute their endorsement by the United States Government.
Optimizing Reverse Osmosis for Affordable Desalination
- Affordable Desalination Collaboration. 2012. Optimizing Seawater Reverse Osmosis for Affordable Desalination. Pilot Demonstration. Proposition 50 6a Desalination. Final Report.
- Chapman, M., 2013. "The Challenge for Membrane Materials in Water Separations",Proceedings of the ACS Advanced is Materials and Processes for Polymeric Membrane Mediated Water Purification. 2/24/2013. Pacific Grove, California.
- Dahm, K. and Chapman, M. 2014. Produced Water Treatment Primer. See Science and Technology Program Research Project 1617.
- Sessions, B., Shih, W., McHarg, J., Dundorf, S., 2011. Optimizing Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis for Affordable Desalination. Conference Proceedings of the American Membrane Technology Association’s 2011 Annual Conference (July 17 – 20, 2011 Miami, Florida).
- Sessions, B., Shih, W., McHarg, J., Dundorf, S., 2009. Optimizing Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis for Affordable Desalination. Conference Proceeding of the International Desalination Association World Congress in 2009. (PDF275)