Regional Space Officers should be familiar with the principles of good space layout and should promote efficient space arrangements. The following general factors should be considered in evaluating the suitability of space:
(a) Physical Factors.
(1) Adaptability of space for effective use.
(2) Need for areas for special equipment.
(3) Location of areas or units with similar relationships/interests.
(b) Cost Factors.
(1) Operating and maintenance cost.
(2) Conditioning expenses.
(3) Moving expenses.
(4) Provisions of leases, e.g., rental rate, cost of service, restoration.