Warm Springs Dam is on the Middle Fork of the Malheur River about 13 miles southwest of Juntura, Oregon. The dam, constructed by the Warmsprings Irrigation District, is a 106-foot-high thin arch structure, and contains 19,500 cubic yards of concrete. The total capacity of the reservoir is 169,714 acre-feet (active 169,639 acre-feet). In 1926, Reclamation purchased one-half of the storage in the reservoir for use on the Vale Project, and in 1930, added a metal truss flashboard structure on the spillway crest to increase the amount of reservoir storage.
Foundation: Series of olivine basalt flows