Membrane Concentrate Disposal: Practices and Regulation
Mickley and Associates; Boulder CO.
Report #69 - Abstract -
The project objective was to provide the membrane utility industry with a valuable and useful reference source focusing on characterizing and documenting membrane concentrate and backwash disposal practices and regulations.
The project objectives was accomplished using the following tasks:
(1) completion of a detailed survey of 149 membrane plants;
(2) documentation of federal regulations;
(3) development of design and cost estimates for 4 concentrate disposal options;
(4) development of a stand-alone, executable database; and
(5) delivery of the database in an easy to use, menu-driven CD format with supporting report.
For more information about the DWPR program, contact Kevin Price at: Bureau of Reclamation, 86-69000, PO Box 25007, Denver CO 80225; phone (303) 445-2260; or e-mail a message to MPrice@usbr.gov.