Technical Service Center — Training
ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician — Grade 1
November 5, 2012, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the TSC's Materials Engineering and Research Laboratory
This one-day course is a prerequisite to the ACI Concrete Special Inspector Certification course, scheduled for November 6–8.
A Concrete Field Testing Technician—Grade I is an individual who has demonstrated the knowledge and ability to properly perform and record the results of seven basic field tests on freshly mixed concrete. The program requires a working knowledge of the following ASTM test methods and practices:
- C1064/C1064M - Temperature of Freshly Mixed Hydraulic-Cement Concrete
- C172 - Sampling Freshly Mixed Concrete
- C143/C143M - Slump of Hydraulic-Cement Concrete
- C138/C138M - Density (Unit Weight), Yield, and Air Content (Gravimetric) of Concrete
- C231 - Air Content of Freshly Mixed Concrete by the Pressure Method
- C173/C173M - Air Content of Freshly Mixed Concrete by the Volumetric Method
- C31/C31M - Making and Curing Concrete Test Specimens in the Field
Location: This training will be offered November 5, 2012, at the Denver Federal Center, Building 56 Laboratories. Class will begin at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at 5:00 p.m.
Registration: Details of cost and registration procedures will be announced in the near future. In the meantime, general questions on course content may be directed to Ms. Janet White at 303-445-2373.
Please contact a client liaison (303) 445-2561 to help you get the most efficient services for your needs.