TSC Laboratory Facilities
The TSC offers state-of-the-art laboratory analyses to support water and power facilities.
The Materials Engineering and Research Laboratory Group (86-68180) can help you with:
- Dam safety research laboratory investigations
- Concrete construction laboratory testing and inspection
Environmental Applications and Research Group (86-68220) has biological laboratories specializing in studies of invasive species.
Hydraulic Investigations and Laboratory Services Group (86-68460) operates Reclamation's only hydraulic laboratory, where they conduct site-specific scale model tests and pursue applied research investigations. This laboratory has many unique facilities, including:
- An automated canal model used to provide training on flow measurement and modern methods of canal operation and control
- A low-ambient pressure chamber used for testing cavitation performance of hydraulic equipment
- A high-head test facility for gates and valves
- Facilities that allow live-fish testing of fish passage and fish protection equipment.
This group's Laboratory Shops construct hydraulic models and other special equipment required to support all of Reclamation's laboratory facilities. The shops also construct small-scale architectural models to support public outreach programs on Reclamation projects.
Please contact a client liaison (303) 445-2561 to help you get the most efficient services for your needs.