Technical Service Center
Geophysics and Seismotectonics Group (86-68330)
Contact Dan Levish, Manager
We provide specialized geological, geomorphological, seismological, and geophysical expertise for site-specific and regional earthquake and geomorphology studies, Quaternary geology, and engineering geophysics.
Information and services that we provide include:
- Natural hazards for risk analysis through probabilistic earthquake hazard studies
- Numerical and statistical analysis and modeling, including software for flood-frequency analysis, two- and three-dimensional flow modeling, ground motion synthesis, and seismic tomography
- Earthquake loadings, including site-specific ground motions and response spectra
- Probabilistic risk analyses for dam safety and design evaluations
- Seismic monitoring of Reclamation facilities for real-time structural response information for post-earthquake assessment and emergency notification
- Paleoseismic investigations to define earthquake hazards
- Geomorphology, geomorphological processes, and Quaternary history for stream evaluation and restoration, site characterization, environmental impact, and other investigations
- Complete geophysical site characterization services including data acquisition, processing, analysis, and integration with borehole and other geologic and hydrologic information
- Surface, borehole, cross-hole, and surface-to-borehole geophysical surveys to determine a wide range of subsurface physical properties and conditions, including centimeter-level global positioning system surveys in support of scientific and engineering investigations
Please contact a client liaison (303) 445-2561 to help you get the most efficient services for your needs.