Technical Service Center
Materials Engineering and Research Lab
Summaries of aggregate quality evaluation test results are available for some of the aggregate sources tested by this facility.
Reclamation's Materials Laboratory in Denver has had an international reputation for excellence in concrete technology for over 50 years. Reclamation has a complete concrete laboratory that includes aggregate processing and testing, cement testing, mixing room, fog room and environmental chambers, freezing and thawing equipment, sulfate attack, durability testing, chemistry, petrography, and many specialized test facilities. The concrete laboratory is complemented by complete structural testing capabilities including a 5,000,000 pound universal testing machine and vibration laboratory.
Concrete Quality Control Database
The group has developed a PC compatible database program for tracking project concrete mixture proportions, fresh and hardened concrete properties, and source data. The program assembles the data to produce user defined reports, tables and graphs.
Concrete Publications from MERL
- Concrete Manual, 8th ed., revised reprint 1981, reprinted 1988 (106-MB pdf)
- Concrete Manual Part 2, 9th ed., 1992 (171-MB pdf)
- Guide to Concrete Repair, 1997 (9-MB pdf)
- New Recommendations for ASR Mitigation in Reclamation Concrete Construction (pdf)
- Concrete Rules of Thumb (pdf)
- Field Exploration Concrete Coring Log Sheet for use with a standard 5' long, 6" diameter, split tube core barrel. (pdf)
- Laboratory Concrete Break Sheet (pdf)
- Aggregate & Riprap Quality Evaluation Form (pdf)