The WinFlume Home Page
Tony L. Wahl, Bureau of Reclamation, Denver, Colorado
Hydraulic Investigations and Laboratory Services Group
This page provides download links for obtaining WinFlume, Version 1.06.0004 (released May 11, 2012). WinFlume is a Windows-based computer program used to design and calibrate long-throated flume and broad-crested weir flow measurement structures. The software was developed through the cooperative efforts of the Bureau of Reclamation , the Agricultural Research Service , and the International Institute for Land Reclamation & Improvement . Primary funding for WinFlume's development has come from the Bureau of Reclamation's Water Conservation-Field Services Program.
License InformationWinFlume was developed by the federal government and is in the public domain.
Download the Software
Download WinFlume - This version is compatible with Microsoft Windows 95 or newer operating systems.
Download 16-bit WinFlume - The 16-bit version is designed for Windows 3.1x systems. This version has not been maintained for several years.
See list of WinFlume revisions since version 1.0
E-Mail Notification of WinFlume Updates
To join the WinFlume Notification List, please send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful Related Tools and Information
- Training on the use of WinFlume is provided in a water measurement workshop taught by the Bureau of Reclamation
- Reference Book! ILRI Publication 58 WATER MEASUREMENT WITH FLUMES AND WEIRS (2001)
by A.J. Clemmens, T.L. Wahl, M.G. Bos, and J.A. Replogle
This book serves as a user's manual for the WinFlume program and provides information on design, calibration, construction, and hydraulic theory of long-throated flumes and broad-crested weirs. The book is available in PDF format online from Alterra/ILRI. Search for Publication 58.
- List of WinFlume revisions since version 1.0
- Conference paper describing long-throated flume applications
Tools for Design, Calibration, Construction and Use of Long-Throated Flumes and Broad-Crested Weirs (2002)
- Conference paper describing research on special performance issues related to flumes that are primarily width-contracted (no raised sill). Performance Limits of Width-Contracted Flumes (2002)
- Conference paper describing the WinFlume software and its capabilities
WinFlume -- Windows-Based Software for the Design of Long-Throated Measuring Flumes (2000)
- Commercially available flumes : Long-throated flumes are very adaptable, easily constructed, and easily customized. However, pre-manufactured flumes may be useful in some situations. A list of some flume suppliers is provided here.
Last reviewed: 05/20/13