Frequently Asked QuestionsGeneral Information
- What is HireMe?
- How does HireMe work with USAJOBS?
- What types of positions will be filled using HireMe?
- Is the system secure?
- Is HireMe the only way to submit an application for Reclamation positions?
- What if I don't have a computer?
- What if I don't have e-mail?
- What if I need help applying online?
- When exactly do jobs close in HireMe?
- Exactly what does it mean to apply online?
- Will Reclamation accept paper applications?
- What if someone submits false information?
- Can I be automatically notified of Reclamation vacancy announcements?
- After I have established an account, am I required to apply for a vacancy every time I go into the system?
- As an applicant, can I access the system from home?
- Can I create a resumé online?
- I already have a resumé prepared. Can I load it into the HireMe system?
- What if I want to submit a long version resumé or additional documents?
- What happens if I don't submit a resumé with my personal information when applying for a job?
- Can I submit my resumé via e-mail?
- Is it possible to have multiple identities or more than one e-mail address in USAJOBS and HireMe?
- This is the first time I have ever registered at USAJOBS and the system is telling me that someone already registered with my Social Security Number. How could this be?
- I don't understand why the system won't let me in.
- I tried to login using my e-mail address and it doesn't work.
- If the system only accepts online applications, how do I send other attachments, such as my college transcripts, SF-50's, etc.?
- What is Auto Request Fax?
- How do I obtain a fax cover sheet for Auto Request Fax?
- Is there a confirmation notice for Auto Request Fax? How do I know if my fax was received?
- Is 1-571-258-4052 the correct fax number?
- Do I need to send a separate fax transmission for each document?
- How will I be notified should you require supporting documentation?
- Are College transcripts required?
- Will I receive a confirmation that my application was received?
- Do you have any recommendations for answering the vacancy-specific questions?
- How will I know whether I have successfully applied for a position?
- Can I get a copy of my answers to the vacancy-specific questions?
- I already applied for a specific vacancy, can I go back and change my answers to the vacancy questions?
- How is my application rated?
- Where do I enter my knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's)?
- Since the HireMe system will rate me according to my self-assessment and response to the questions, what prevents me from selecting those choices which give me the highest scores?
- How will the Human Resources Office verify my experience, education or responses to my questions?
- I am uncomfortable using my Social Security Number (SSN) to establish my account in the system. Is there any way I can apply for a position online without my SSN?
- Why am I required to provide my date of birth?
- How do you confidentially collect EEO data from applicants?
- If I am not selected for a position, who should I contact to find out why?
- Can I apply for jobs in HireMe using my office computer?
- Is there any way I can see which positions I have applied for or find out the status of these vacancies?
- How quickly will my application be rated?
|Q: How does HireMe work with USAJOBS?|
|A: USAJOBS provides applicant information to the HireMe system so applicants don’t have to resubmit this information. Applicants register at a central site, My USAJOBS, to create a personal account and resume. The USAJOBS account is used to apply for various Federal jobs. For more information about USAJOBS Recruitment One Stop, go to: www.usajobs.opm.gov and Select My USAJOBS.|
|Q: Is the system secure?|
|A: Yes. HireMe runs on a private and secure database.|
|Q: When exactly do jobs close in HireMe?|
|A: HireMe positions close at Eastern Time on the closing date of the vacancy announcement. After , jobs that have closed will not be available for review or application.|
|Q: Can I be automatically notified of Reclamation vacancy announcements?|
|A: Yes. HireMe allows applicants to automatically retrieve e-mail notification if this option is chosen when you establish an account in the system.|
|Q: As an applicant, can I access the system from home?|
|A: Yes. As an applicant, you can access the Web site from any location, whether at home or at work.|
|Q: What happens if I don't submit a resumé with my personal information when applying for a job?|
|A: If your resumé is not submitted in the HireMe system by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, you will not be considered for that position.|
|Q: Can I submit my resumé via e-mail?|
|A: No. In order to apply for positions in HireMe, you must log into the system and apply online.|
|Q: This is the first time I have ever registered in USAJOBS and the system is telling me that someone already registered with my Social Security Number. How could this be?|
|A: It is not likely that someone else is using your Social Security Number. You may have logged out of My USAJOBS before you finished registering. Go to the USAJOBS home page: www.usajobs.opm.gov and Select Help or My USAJOBS for assistance.|
|Q: I don't understand why the system won't let me in.|
|A: Please review the procedures for logging into USAJOBS at the USAJOBS Web site. You must be a registered user before you can apply for Reclamation jobs. Contact the USAJOBS helpdesk, or go to: https://my.usajobs.opm.gov/forgot.asp|
|Q: I tried to login using my e-mail address and it doesn't work.|
|A: Please contact the USAJOBS helpdesk, or go to: https://my.usajobs.opm.gov/forgot.asp for login assistance.|