What To Do
Solving any problem in today's complex world
is a major achievement. Recognize the planning, work, and sheer
determination that went into the process. Let everyone know
what happened and why. Celebrate your
Once you have successfully set up an
ongoing solution, don't just walk away!
- Take the success into other problem-solving efforts
- Use what you have learned and let others know about it
too. Remember, though, that every process is unique.
- Integrate the solution into other programs and processes.
- Analyze your success and other successes to see what
you can transfer. Each problem will incorporate successful
elements in a different way. Don't assume that your success
will automatically transfer to the next problem.
- Advise others.
- Take some time with core team
members to see what worked and what didn't. Share these
lessons with others--it will save them time and money. Tney
will probably return the favor and give you pointers, too.
- Advertise the success.
Leadership in organizations can identify and promote success
thus setting expectations for the organization.