Released On: June 01, 2005
This family-oriented event demonstrates the dynamics of the American River and encourages responsible water use and appreciation of water as a resource.
Children may enjoy a variety of games and activities which include:
- Participating in Interactive displays;
- Meeting a real-live rocket scientist (who will teach them how to build and blast-off their very own hydro-powered rockets);
- Creating water-cycle bracelets;
- Visiting the steam-powered "History in Motion" display; and
- Experiencing the Water Wizard's magic show and the entertaining Living Literacy show.
Adults may choose to attend demonstrations on a number of ways to easily save water at home. Participants are encouraged to visit all booths at the event, and those who do so will be awarded a special prize. Get W.E.T. is sponsored by numerous Federal, State, and local government agencies, and water districts, and various gardening and nature-related organizations.
Directions: From Highway 50: Take the Hazel Avenue exit, north. Turn right at the traffic light (Hazel Avenue and Gold) into the CSUS Aquatic Center, 1901 Hazel Avenue, Rancho Cordova. dditional parking is available at Nimbus Flats State Park for a nominal fee. The CSUS Aquatic Center is also easily accessible from the American River bike trail.
For more information, contact Ms. Shana Avalos at ARWEC at 916-989-7150 (TDD 916-989-7285) or e-mail: SAVALOS@mp.usbr.gov, or visit our Website at: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/arwec/.
DOI | Recreation.gov | USA.gov
Stay in touch with Reclamation: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Flickr | Tumblr | Instagram | RSS | Multimedia