Final Environmental Documents for CVP Water Contracts Available
Media Contact: Jeffrey S. McCracken, 916-978-5100
For Release: March 10, 2005
The Bureau of Reclamation announces the availability of final environmental documents related to the renewal of Central Valley Project water contracts. Reclamation has completed the required Endangered Species Act and National Environmental Policy Act environmental compliance. The following Final Environmental Assessments (EA) and Final Findings of No Significant Impact (FONSI) are available. Reclamation has also made available a Record of Decision (ROD) on the Sacramento River Settlement Contractors Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
The Final EA/FONSI documents are available online at www.usbr.gov/mp/cvpia/3404c/index.html; scroll to and click on Final EAs/FONSIs and click on the desired document(s).
- The Sacramento River Division Long-Term Contract Renewal Final EA and FONSI: the Draft Revised EA/FONSI were made available for a 30-day public review and comment period on July 30, 2004 .
- The City of Lindsay Water Service Area Final EA and FONSI: the Draft Supplemental EA/FONSI were made available for a 30-day public review and comment period on September 3, 2004 .
- The City of Fresno Final EA and FONSI: the Draft Supplemental EA/FONSI were made available for a 30-day public review and comment period on September 3, 2004 .
- The Delta-Mendota Canal Unit Long-Term Contract Renewal Final EA and FONSI: the Draft EA/FONSI were made available for a 30-day public review and comment period on November 15, 2004 .
- The Lewis Creek Water District Final FONSI: the environmental compliance was completed as part of the Friant Division environmental review, which was finalized January 2001.
For information or to request a copy of these final documents or for questions on status of other water contracts related environmental documents, please contact Mr. Robert Eckart at 9156-978-5051, TDD 916-978-5608. If you encounter problems accessing documents online, please contact Ms. Lynnette Wirth at 916-978-5102 or e-mail email@example.com.
# # #
Reclamation is the largest wholesale water supplier and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the United States, with operations and facilities in the 17 Western States. Its facilities also provide substantial flood control, recreation, and fish and wildlife benefits. Visit our website at www.usbr.gov and follow us on Twitter @USBR.