New Mid-Pacific Region Organizational Chart and Duties of Deputy Regional Directors Announced
Media Contact: Pete Lucero, MP Region Public Affairs Officer, 916-978-5100
For Release: November 14, 2013
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – On Oct. 30, the Bureau of Reclamation announced the selection of Jason Phillips
as the Mid-Pacific Region’s second Deputy Regional Director, filling the position that was previously the Assistant Regional Director for Technical Services. When Phillips assumes his new duties on Dec. 1, he will join Deputy Regional Director Pablo Arroyave, who has served in his position since 2009.
The two deputies will assist Regional Director David Murillo in managing the Mid-Pacific Region, which is headquartered in Sacramento and responsible for 11 key water projects in the northern two-thirds of California, most of western Nevada and part of southern Oregon. The Region includes California’s Central Valley Project, one of the largest and best-known multi-purpose water projects in the nation.
Following is a breakdown of the offices for which the two deputies will have oversight responsibility:
- Pablo Arroyave – Offices responsible for managing the CVP:
- Northern California Area Office, Shasta Lake, Calif.
- Central California Area Office, Folsom, Calif.
- South-Central California Area Office, Fresno, Calif.
- Central Valley Operations Office, Sacramento, Calif.
- Bay-Delta Office, Sacramento, Calif.
- San Joaquin River Restoration Program, Sacramento, Calif.
- Jason Phillips – All other technical offices and divisions:
- Klamath Basin Area Office, Klamath Falls, Ore.
- Lahontan Basin Area Office, Carson City, Nev.
- MP Construction Office, Willows, Calif.
- Program Coordination Office, Sacramento, Calif.
- Division of Environmental Affairs, Sacramento, Calif.
- Division of Safety, Health & Security, Sacramento, Calif.
- Division of Design and Construction, Sacramento, Calif.
- Division of Resources Management, Sacramento, Calif.
- Division of Planning, Sacramento, Calif.
The Assistant Regional Director for Business Services, Katherine Thompson, will continue to have oversight responsibility for the Division of Human Resources, Division of Financial Management, Information Management Services Division, Division of Administrative Services and Division of Acquisition Services, all located in the Sacramento office.
# # #
Reclamation is the largest wholesale water supplier and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the United States, with operations and facilities in the 17 Western States. Its facilities also provide substantial flood control, recreation, and fish and wildlife benefits. Visit our website at www.usbr.gov and follow us on Twitter @USBR.