Released On: May 07, 2013
The open houses will be held:
- May 13 - Trails Inn Restaurant, 213 2nd Street in Ashton, Idaho. The Henry’s Fork Foundation is sponsoring this open house.
- 5 pm – 7 pm
- May 14 - Driggs City Center Building, 60 S. Main Street in Driggs, Idaho. The Friends of the Teton River is sponsoring this open house.
- 4 pm – 8 pm
The Basin Study will identify opportunities for developing water supplies and improving water management while sustaining environmental quality. After nearly three years of collaboration, technical analysis and public participation, the Henrys Fork Basin Special Study Interim Report describing potential future water supply alternatives for the basin was released in February.
The open houses will focus on the range of alternatives outlined in the Interim Report and how they were selected for future analysis. The alternatives include:
- Existing and new surface storage alternatives
- Managed ground water recharge
- Agricultural conservation and management
- Municipal and Industrial conservation alternatives
- Market based alternatives
The study will conclude with a final basin study report by the end of 2013. For more information about the open houses contact Mr. Bob Schattin at (208) 378-5090.
DOI | Recreation.gov | USA.gov
Stay in touch with Reclamation: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Flickr | Tumblr | Instagram | RSS | Multimedia