Public Meeting Scheduled on Central Valley Project Improvement Act Annual Work Plans for Fiscal Year 2009
Media Contact: Lynnette Wirth, (916) 978-5100
Erica Szlosek, 916-978-6159
For Release: December 01, 2008
The Bureau of Reclamation and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) will hold a public meeting on Thursday, December 11, 2008, to present the Central Valley Project Improvement Act (CVPIA) Annual Work Plans for Fiscal Year (FY) 2009. The meeting will be held:
Thursday, December 11, 2008, 1 to 5 p.m.
Radisson Hotel Sacramento
500 Leisure Lane
At the meeting, presentations will be made on the following CVPIA Annual Work Plans for FY 2009:
- Anadromous Fish Restoration Program - Section 3406(b)(1)
- Habitat Restoration Program - Section 3406(b)(1) "other"
- Red Bluff Diversion Dam - Section 3406(b)(10)
- Spawning Gravel - Section 3406(b)(13)
- Comprehensive Assessment and Monitoring Program - Section 3406(b)(16)
- Refuge Water Conveyance Program - Section 3406(d)(1, 2, & 5)
- Refuge Water Supply Program - Section 3406(b)(3), (d)(2), and (g)
- Refuge Facilities Construction Program - Section 3406(d)(5)
The CVPIA Annual Work Plans for FY 2009 will be available online after Tuesday, December 9, 2008, at: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/cvpia/docs_reports/index.html. Under the heading, "Draft CVPIA Annual Work Plans," please click on "FY 2009."
For additional information or to request copies of the Work Plans, please contact Ms. Shana Kaplan, Reclamation, Division of Resources Management, at 916-978-5190 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Cesar Blanco, USFWS, CVPIA Implementation Division, at 916-978-6190 or e-mail email@example.com.
# # #
Reclamation is the largest wholesale water supplier and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the United States, with operations and facilities in the 17 Western States. Its facilities also provide substantial flood control, recreation, and fish and wildlife benefits. Visit our website at www.usbr.gov and follow us on Twitter @USBR.