Released On: February 19, 2008
The Bureau of Reclamation and Napa County will hold a free workshop on Thursday, February 21, 2008, for anyone affected by the ongoing transition at Lake Berryessa as well as individuals interested in learning about public assistance services offered through Napa County. The workshop will offer information on approximately 25 public assistance services and will be held:
February 21, 2008
Berryessa Senior Center
The workshop will be presented as an Open House: attendees may come to the Senior Center any time between 10 a.m. and Noon and visit representatives of the services/programs at their booths. Listed below are some of the services and programs that will be presented:
- Community Action Napa Valley (CAN-V): How to meet basic food & shelter needs (NV Shelter Project, Food Bank, Senior Nutrition Program, and Child Development & Family Program).
- Veteran's Services: How to access Veteran's Services.
- Comprehensive Services to Older Adults: Services available to senior citizens through Napa County Health & Human Services Agency CSOA Program.
- General Assistance: Financial aid to single adults through Napa County Health & Human Services Agency.
- CalWORKs Program: How families can access temporary financial assistance, nutritional benefits, and medical assistance through Napa County Health & Human Services Agency.
- Medi-Cal/Food Stamps/County Medical Services Program: Access to nutrition and medical benefits through Napa County Health & Human Services Agency.
- Disability Navigator: Programs available to people with disabilities.
- Children's Health Initiative: How to access health care for children.
- COPE Family Services: Access to Parent Education & Family Support Services; how to access financial literacy and free income tax preparation.
- Experience Works: Employment services for adults 55+.
- Employment Development Department: How to apply for unemployment benefits and re-enter the workforce.
- Volunteer Center: Information on services that improve quality of life for seniors.
- Family Support: Information on Child Support services.
- Fair Housing: Works to ensure equal housing opportunities for all people.
- Housing Authority of the City of Napa: Information on the Section 8 housing voucher program and other housing programs; will provide subsidized housing waiting list applications.
- Transportation Authority: Brochures and schedules for local and Bay Area transportation.
- Training & Employment Center: Career counseling, job search assistance, vocational testing and assessment, and training to eligible job seekers; enrollment for the Workforce Investment Act Orientation meeting.
- The Job Connection Employment Network Center: Assistance with finding employment. Career Center provides job search services, assistance with resumes, job listings, and enrollment in the customer service workshop.
- Mental Health Disability System Navigator: How to access mental health services through Napa County Health & Human Services Agency.
For more information, please contact Mr. Dan Kolda at the Bureau of Reclamation's Lake Berryessa Field Office at 707-966-2111, extension 141.
DOI | Recreation.gov | USA.gov
Stay in touch with Reclamation: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Flickr | Tumblr | Instagram | RSS | Multimedia