Public Meeting Scheduled On CVPIA Annual Work Plans
Media Contact: Jeffrey McCracken, 916-978-5100
For Release: November 20, 2007
The Bureau of Reclamation and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will hold a public meeting on Wednesday, December 5, 2007, to present their Central Valley Project Improvement Act (CVPIA) Annual Work Plans for Fiscal Year (FY) 2008. Presentations will be made on the following CVPIA Annual Work Plans by the lead agency’s program manager:
- Anadromous Fish Restoration Program - Section 3406(b)(1)
- Tracy Pumping Plant - Section 3406 (b)(4)
- Red Bluff Diversion Dam - Section 3406 (b)(10)
- Spawning Gravel - Section 3406 (b)(13)
- Comprehensive Assessment and Monitoring Program - Section 3406(b)(16)
- Anadromous Fish Screen Program - Section 3406 (b)(21)
- Refuge Water Supply Program: facilities construction, conveyance/wheeling, and the San Joaquin Basin Action Plan - Sections 3406(d)(1, 3-5) and Water Acquisition Program Sections 3406(b)(3) (Level 4 Water for Refuges Only) and (d)(2)
The meeting will be held:
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
1 - 4 p.m.
Lions Gate Hotel at McClellan Park
3410 Westover Street McClellan, California
The CVPIA Annual Work Plans for FY 2008 will be available after Monday, December 3, 2007, at: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/cvpia/docs_reports/index.html. Under the heading “Draft CVPIA Annual Work Plans,” click on “FY 2008.” For additional information, please contact Ms. Shana Kaplan in Reclamation's Resources Management Division at 916-978-5190 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Reclamation is the largest wholesale water supplier and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the United States, with operations and facilities in the 17 Western States. Its facilities also provide substantial flood control, recreation, and fish and wildlife benefits. Visit our website at www.usbr.gov and follow us on Twitter @USBR.