The Bureau of Reclamation has released an updated NEPA Handbook for use by Reclamation employees as they carry out their responsibilities to implement the National Environmental Policy Act.
It is intended for use as guidance by Reclamation’s NEPA practitioners. It provides a quick reference for existing laws, regulations, policies, and other guidance. As a guidance document, it does not set or modify any policy. It should be used as a resource on the array of NEPA and environmental laws, regulations, policies, and other guidance; and assist the practitioner in how to apply them.
The Reclamation NEPA is bookmarked and searchable to assist you in finding relevant information quickly and efficiently. Please check our website periodically, as it will be our official outlet for any future updates to the NEPA Handbook.
You can learn more by viewing the Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any questions on the NEPA Handbook, please contact Cathy Cunningham at 303-445-2875.
NEPA Handbook (PDF - 6.21 MB)
- Attachments Table of Contents (PDF - 100 KB)
- Attachment 1 - National Environmental Policy Act Regulations (PDF - 1.82 MB)
- Attachment 2 - Guidance (PDF - 7.99 MB)
- Attachment 3 - Reclamation Manual (PDF - 256 KB)
- Attachment 4 - Summary of Related Environmental Laws (PDF - 126 KB)
- Attachment 5 - Executive Orders (PDF - 5.64 MB)
- Attachment 6 - Environmental Justice (PDF - 169 KB)
- Attachment 7 - American Indian Tribal Rights, Federal-Tribal Trust Responsibilities, and ESA, SO 3206 (PDF - 87 KB)
- Attachment 8 - Tribal Trust Responsibilities (PDF - 1.47 MB)
- Attachment 9 - Indian Trust Asset Policy and Guidance (PDF - 2.69 MB)
- Attachment 10 - EPA Filing Procedures (PDF - 69 KB)
- Attachment 11 - EPA Wetland Banking Policies (PDF - 93 KB)
Updated: February 20, 2012