Selected Policies, Guidance, and Procedures
for working with Federally Recognized Indian Tribes:
• Executive Order No. 13007 -- Indian Sacred Sites
• Departmental Manual -- Departmental Responsibilities for Protecting/Accommodating Access to Indian Sacred Sites, 512 DM 3 (6/5/1998)
• ECM97-2 – Departmental Responsibilities for Indian Trust Resources and Indian Sacred Sites on Federal Lands (5/08/1997)
• Bureau of Reclamation Compliance with Indian Sacred Sites Executive Order No. 13007 (September 16, 1998, memorandum from the Commissioner)
• Bureau of Reclamation Guidance for Implementing Indian Sacred Sites Executive Order (No. 13007), dated September 16, 1998
• Bureau of Reclamation NEPA Handbook – Reclamation's NEPA Handbook is currently being revised. When the final is available, it is anticipated that the implementation of EO 13007 will be incorporated into the Handbook. In the interim, a 2000 Public Review Draft is available, which will give a sense as to how this might be accomplished, although the text could change before the final manual is published.
For technical problems with this website, e-mail Janice Simmons, or call (202) 513-0554.
Please direct any comments about its content to Adrienne Marks at (202) 513-0630 or (202) 513-0625.
Content Update: 02/14/11; General update: