Lower Colorado River
Lower Colorado River Quagga Mussel Related Websites
his is a selection of websites that Reclamation consulted in its development of an action plan to address quagga mussels on the agency's facilities on the lower Colorado River:Federal Government/State sites
- California Department of Boating and Waterways
- California Department of Fish and Game
- US Army Corps of Engineers Zebra Mussel Control Handbook for Facility Operators
- US Army Corps of Engineers Zebra Mussel Research Program
- US Geological Survey FAQs on Zebra and Quagga Mussels
- US Geological Survey Nonindigenous Aquatic Species Site
- 100th Meridian Initiative
- Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Task Force "Protect Your Waters" Program
- Cornell University Facilities Services Zebra and Quagga Mussel Control Measures
- Sea Grant Nonindigenous Species Site
- BiO2xy Inc. Research paper - "The Effect of Sodium Chlorite Solutions on Zebra Mussel Mortality"
- CSA database article - "Biofouling: It's Not Just Barnacles Anymore"
- Environmental Science & Engineering Magazine article - "Fire systems now threatened by Zebra and Quagga Mussels"
- Environmental Science and Engineering, Inc. Research paper - "Carbon Dioxide as a Narcotizing Pre-Treatment for Chemical Control of Dreissena Polymorpha"
- Environmental Science & Technology article - "Microencapsulated BioBullets for the Control of Biofouling Zebra Mussels"
- Ohio University Research Paper - "Optimization of a Vacuum Device for Zebra Mussel Control"
- Ontario Centre for Environmental Technology Advancement - Potassium Dosing System for Control of Zebra Mussels in Semi-Static Water Systems
- RNT Consultants Inc. report for the Ontario Hydro-generation Group - "Canadian Experience with Zebra Mussel Fouling and Control"
- State University College at Buffalo Research Paper - "Influence of Wide-Range Ultraviolet Radiation upon Behavior and Mortality of Dreissena polymorpha"
- US Army Corps of Engineers Zebra Mussel Research Technical Notes - "Review of Zebra Mussel Control Methods"
Last updated: 3/12/09