East Park Reservoir Resource Management Plan (RMP)
The Bureau of Reclamation's Mid-Pacific Region has prepared a Resource Management Plan (RMP) for East Park Reservoir in Colusa County, California.
The purpose of the RMP is to assist the Bureau of Reclamation in formulating the long-range goals necessary to manage the natural resources associated with East Park Reservoir, while providing recreational opportunities for the surrounding communities.
Current public uses at East Park Reservoir include boating, camping, fishing, bird watching. East Park Reservoir is open to the public free of charge on a first-come-first served basis from approximately mid-April to October, weather permitting. The west side of the reservoir is open year-round, weather permitting.
- All facilities are primitive; there is no electricity or potable water
- Firearms, glass containers, parasailing, aircraft, gathering of live wood for firewood, and excessive noise, are prohibited
- There is a 14-day maximum stay in any 45-day period
- The speed limit on all main roads is 15 m.p.h. Vehicles can be operated only on designated roadways
- Dogs must be on a leash or be physically under control
- Boating, swimming and other activities are done at your own risk
- Hang gliding or other special uses require a special use permit available by calling (530) 934-7069
For campground information please call
(530) 968-5274 or (530) 968-5267.
For more information, please contact:
John Cody, Lead Park Ranger
Bureau of Reclamation
For assistance or additional information about this website, please contact Public Affairs
Bureau of Reclamation, Mid-Pacific Region
2800 Cottage Way, Sacramento CA 95825-1898
Main 916-978-5100 | FAX 916-978-5114 | TTY 916-978-5608
Reclamation Officials' Telephone Numbers
Last update: November 14, 2012