There are a number of ways you and/or your organization can be involved in the care and management of New Melones Lake. No matter what your ability or profession, if you have an interest in stewardship of public lands and a desire to help others, Reclamation probably has a volunteer opportunity for you.
Whether you volunteer one day a month or one day a year, your service to New Melones Lake and the visiting public can be enjoyable and rewarding. You can volunteer in our visitor center, help out on National Public Lands Day in the fall, or help with the C.A.S.T. (“Catch A Special Thrill”) fishing event in the fall.
Sound interesting? Here's more information:
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Service Application (for live on-site volunteer positions)
- Guidelines for New Melones Lake Volunteers
- Volunteer Incentives
- Form - OF 301 Volunteer Application
For more information and opportunities, contact the volunteer and partner coordinator at:
209-536-9094 ext. 215.
There are many other ways that partners can assist with the stewardship of New Melones Lake. Many areas have “Friends” groups that assist public land agencies with financial and volunteer support. In past years, there has been interest in the formation of a expanded “New Melones Partner” group to coordinate and finance projects such as:
- Build, maintain platforms for osprey nests
- Lead day hikes/walks
- Plant oak saplings, native perennial grasses, and other vegetation management projects
- Keep facilities and resources graffiti-free
- Build, improve, and maintain trails
View New Melones Lake Area Resource Management Plan and
Environmental Impact Statement Public Draft
November 20, 2012