Recommended links include...
Teaching Kids About Water Conservation
The environment in which we reside is comprised of resources that we use on a regular basis. Environmental resources such as oil, energy, air and water are all resources which have limited supplies and provides us with questions about conserving these resources.
While it would appear to the average person that these resources should have an unlimited supply, this is not the case. Environmentalists are concerned about all of these resources and unless we watch and ensure that we use them properly, they will not be available when we need them.
In particular, water conservation is an area of concern. Not only is the cleanliness of the water at issue, but the amount of water that we need is a concern. To ensure that we have a sufficient amount of water available, we need to teach and practice good water conservation techniques. We have assembled a collection of resources to learn about water conservation and to help teach children.
General Water Conservation
- Water Conservation Tips - Water conservation is one of the most cost-effective and environmentally friendly ways to reduce our demand for water. This article covers many tips to learn about conservation.
- Save Water and Protect the Environment – Ideas from the Environmental Protection Agency on how saving water protects the environment.
- Indoor Water Conservation Tips – Tips on ways to conserve water in our everyday life.
- Water Conservation – Tips and ideas from the State of Washington on how we can help conserve water.
- Water Conservation Tips for Schools – Tips and resources on how schools can help conserve water usage.
- Tips for Water Conservation – 24 tips on how we can save water in our everyday life.
- Environment and Conservation – Information from the Department of State on how the environment depends on conservation methods.
- Environmental Conservation Online System – Information and online resources from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Conservation Ideas – Ideas and information on conserving various environmental resources.
- Water Conservation for Kids – Simple kid friendly suggestions on how they can save water.
- Household Water Conservation – Article from Penn State on how you can conserve water around the house.
- Water Conservation Links – A collection of resources on conserving water.
- Water Conservation and Efficiency – Resources and information on water conservation and efficiency.
Teaching About Water Conservation
- Learning to be Water Wise – Collection of resources for teachers and parents on teaching children about water conservation.
- Water Learn – A virtual conservation center for kids to learn about water.
- Water Links for Kids – A collection of links related to water and water conservation.
- Water Conservation Word Scramble – Online game on water conservation for kids.
- Water Saver Workbook – A collection of water conservation from the New York City Department of Environmental Protection.
- How Much Water Do You Use – Worksheet showing an estimate of how much water you use on a regular basis.
- Kids Stuff – Resources from the Environmental Protection Agency on teaching kids about saving water.
- Environmental Education – Collection of resources for educators to use in teaching about the environment.
- Water Resources – Resources that can be used to help kids learn the importance of water conservation.
- Teaching Resources – Information and ideas from the Environmental Protection Agency for teachers to use to educate students on water conservation.
- Teaching Soil and Water Conservation – Classroom and field guide on teaching conservation ideas.
- Teaching Conservation for America – White House article on how teaching conservation to all Americans is very important for the future.
American River Water Education Center at Folsom Dam
Physical Location: 7785 Folsom-Auburn Rd., Folsom, CA
Mailing address: 7794 Folsom Dam Rd., Folsom, CA 95630
Phone: (916) 989-7132 or center (916) 989-7100
April 13, 2012