Roosevelt Dam 100th Anniversary Video
On March 18, 1911, Roosevelt Dam on the Salt River was dedicated by former President Theodore Roosevelt. Nearly 100 years has passed since this momentous event. This video celebrates the benefits -- water storage, flood control, hydroelectric power and recreational opportunities -- that this structure and its Salt River Project / Bureau of Reclamation partnership bring to central Arizona.
Press "play" button (white arrow in left bottom corner) to start video.
More information about the event, the dam, its history, and its present-day operations are available at:
- Roosevelt Dam Centennial Feature Story
- Arizona Governor's Proclamation
- Media Coverage
Engineering News Record
- Phoenix Area Office Historical Photos, Exhibit, History of Roosevelt Dam
- Projects and Facilities - Theodore Roosevelt Dam
- Projects and Facilities - Salt River Project
- Salt River Project History (published by Reclamation)
Webmaster: Colleen Dwyer, email@example.com
Updated: March 2011